A bank executive who tried to loot his own bank in Chennai was arrested by the police. Police recovered all the 31.5 kg of golden jewels. This is his life policy shown in WhatsApp status. “There is no right or wrong in this world. If we can justify our acts, then it is right. If not, then it is wrong.” (DTNEXT news 20 August 2022)
1) No morals: According to this thief, there is no right or wrong. It depends on how it is interpreted. For him, all acts, words, thoughts, and behaviour are normal. In that sense, there is no sin. In the absence of Law, there are no morals, in the absence of morals there are no sins. However, the Bible teaches one who sins violates the Law and violation of Law is sin. (I John 3:4)
2) No sinner: If there is no right or wrong, then no one is evil or sinner or criminal. However, the Bible declares all are sinners. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
3) No judge: The thief thought by denying sin, and Law, he could escape judgment. According to him there is neither a court nor judge. The Bible teaches that all have to face the Judgment Seat of Lord Jesus Christ. (II Corinthians 5:10)
4) No absolute standards: The thief thought that he could escape his guilty conscience but self-justification. When God’s standards are rejected, he could create his own standards. Thus, justify himself as good, smart, and great. Intelligent or smart people could blame others, systems, situations, emergencies, victims of conspiracy, or desperate need to justify their criminal deeds.
5) No escape: Though this thief was smart and desired to live a peaceful life with this loot, he could not escape.
The true way is to repent and come to Lord Jesus Christ the savior of the world. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (I John 1:9)
Do I confess and receive mercy from Lord Jesus Christ?