Today people know more about a Cloud, a virtual space, where data could be stored for a price. However, the bible has many things to teach us about clouds. Cloud is described as the chariot of God and as dust of his feet. (Psalms 104:3; Nahum 1:3)
1) Pillar of Fire and Cloud: And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night.” (Exodus 13:21) That reminded the Israelite the Promise, faithfulness, provision, guidance, and protection of God. Praise God, today we can enjoy His presence with us as Lord Jesus is Emmanuel – God with us. (Matthew 1:23)
2) Sign of Covenant: After Noah’s flood that devastated the whole world, God placed a bow in the cloud as His sign of covenant with humanity. (Genesis 9:14-16) He will not destroy the whole earth with water anymore.
3) Mt. Sinai: Glory of God covered Mount Sinai for six days. (Exodus 24:15-16) God made a covenant with the Nation of Israel. Slaves became a Nation.
4) Temple: When the Ark of Covenant was brought into the Temple that Solomon built, the cloud, glory of God filled it. (I Kings 8:10-11)
5) Transfiguration: In the Mount of Transfiguration, Lord Jesus Christ was transformed. He was speaking with Moses and Elijah. When Peter suggested staying there permanently, a cloud appeared and God Spoke to Peter to listen to the Son of God. (Luke 9:28-36)
6) Ascension: (Acts 1:9) The Lord Jesus Christ after resurrection was lifted to Heaven in a cloud. It was foretold by Daniel. (Daniel 7:13-14)
7) His Coming: Angels assured the disciples that Lord Jesus will come back as he had been lifted up in the clouds. (Acts 1:11) Lord Jesus Christ will come in the clouds the second time. (Revelation 1:7)
Those who do not know the Lord and live in the presence of God (cloud) would be like clouds without rain. (Proverbs 16:15)
Do I experience His Presence in my life?