There are songs which people have liked for generations. Some term it as ‘evergreen’ songs. New songs in the Bible means, the meaning is always applicable in all eternity. There are eternal songs that is always anew, afresh like the one recorded by John: “Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.” (Revelation 5:9-10) This song is a pleasing song that can always be sung by the redeemed. A rich, beautiful, meaningful, memorable, and a glorious song indeed. Praise God for giving us now an opportunity to know and sing that Heavenly song.
1) Price of Redemption: ‘You were slain,’ talks about the Lord voluntarily giving up his life to redeem humanity. The cross displays Lord Jesus’ love, God’s justice that grants righteousness as a gift for those who believe.
2) Person of Redemption: You have redeemed us,’ indicates us’ frail humans, sinners, disobedient, rebels, dirty, ugly, filthy, especially unworthy of any dignity or love.
3) Purpose of Redemption: God’s grand purpose is to provide hostile humanity to be reconciled with God. God has reconciled us and has given the ministry of reconciliation. (II Corinthians 5: 18)
4) Payment: Lord has ransomed His people, not with perishable things like gold or silver, but by His precious Holy blood.
5) Possibility of Redemption: This marvellous provision of redemption embraces every tribe (race and ethnicity), tongue (dialect and language), and nation, and no one is exempted at all.
6) Plan for redeemed: The people who are redeemed are to be kings and holy eternal priests. The eternal life is to reign with Him.
7) Permanent Result of redemption: With the King of Kings and Lord of Lords the redeemed humans will reign forever. Mortal humans are made immortal beings to eternally reign with Him.
Is this the New Song of my life?