Lord Jesus Christ after resurrection, on the Emmaus Road explained to the two disciples about Himself from the Old Testament. (Luke 24:27) Typology or a type is the initiative of God who placed in history a special example or symbol or picture that points to future larger fulfilment in Lord Jesus Christ.
1) Adam: Paul refers to Adam as the first man and Lord Jesus is termed as the Second Adam or Last Adam. (Romans 5:12-21) Through one act of disobedience, sin and death entered the world. All men were condemned. Lord Jesus’ act of obedience brought justification for all those who trust in him.
2) Moses: Children were killed by the rulers during the birth of Moses as well as Lord Jesus Christ. Moses and Lord Jesus both were prophets, mediated a covenant, gave commandments, performed signs, wonders and miracles, spoke to God face to face and were both transfigured in a mountain.
3) The Passover Lamb: The blood of the lamb was applied to the doors and lintels that saved children of Israel from the angel of death. John the Baptist identified Lord Jesus as the Lamb of God, perfect, without sin or blemish. He redeems through His blood. (John 1:29; Hebrews 9:12)
4) The bronze serpent: The Nation of Israel was punished for murmuring and expressing disbelief. God sent fiery serpents to punish them. Lord commanded Moses to make a bronze serpent and set it on a pole. Those who looked at the pole would get healed. Lord Jesus likened Himself to the bronze serpent. (Numbers 21; John 3:14)
5) Jonah: Jonah was declared as a type of Lord Jesus in His own words. (Matthew 12:39-41)
6) High priest: He is the High Priest like Melchizedek, and He entered the Most Holy place once for all and sat down on the right hand of God. (Hebrews 2:17; 4:15-16; 5:10; 7:12; 9:12)
7) Showbread and menorah: These two elements in the Temple show that Lord Jesus Christ is the Bread of Life and Light of the World.
Do I comprehend the marvellous revelation of Christ?