Satan creates many substitutes for God to deceive the world. One of the powerful such substitutes is mammon. “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.” (Matthew 6:24) Satan hides inside a puppet or mascot called money.
1) Marriage: A sacred covenant relationship with a man and a woman is reduced to contract for a hefty dowry.
2) Education: It is commercialized, and is a product, a tool to get a job, comfortable life. This product could be purchased or manipulated to get marks and certificates. Mark sheets are sold, even certificates could be obtained with bribes.
3) Health care: Life-giving service has been commercialized. In post-truth hospitals, each hospital will give different lab reports and propose a variety of treatments.
4) Business: Now the most dominating ethic of business seems to be ‘profit.’ That is the creed, code and goal. Service, customer benefits, and national contribution for the economy are not in their purview.
5) Technology: Sadly, technology has given ease of life to many. However, a considerable number of people are deprived of their rights because of lack of access to technology. Also, there are many who use technology to do white-collar crimes of ID theft. There are girls who are black mailed to extort money using spy camera technology.
6) Media: Not concerned for truth, fake news gets front page coverage in newspapers, headlines in television news for a fee.
7) Judiciary: There is no justice even in courts. For money evidence could be destroyed. Lawyers for a fee could suppress the truth. Bribe blinds the eyes of judges. (Deuteronomy 16:19)
8) Entertainment: Soft pornography is promoted vigorously in social media platforms that leads to addiction later. For earning quick money, the industry indulges in such immoral practices. Sports personnel accepting bribes to sabotage matches or fix matches in favour of those bookies. Yet, sports fans keep increasing.
Do I flee from the trap of love for money?