Lord Jesus Christ stated: “I am the Alpha and Omega.” (Revelation 1:8; 17-18; 21:6-7; Isaiah 44:6; 48:12) ‘I am’ denotes a self-existing God who was not created. Lord Jesus’ title indicates the first and last letters of the Greek language. It means He is the First word and the Final (last, ultimate) word. As Psalmist states He is from everlasting to everlasting. (Psalms 90:2) Lord is the author and finisher of our faith. (Hebrews 12:2) Alpha also means in terms of ranking. Alpha means also best, for example: as shepherd, he is a Great Good Shepherd; as a builder He is Master Builder. The Lord is Alpha and Omega in the whole bible. He is Creator in Genesis and Revelation as King of Kings and Lord and Lord.
1) Salvation: It is by grace and works we are saved through faith. (Ephesians 2:18-19) God took initiative to send His Son, Lord Jesus Christ into this world. He accomplished the needed work for human salvation through his suffering, death, resurrection and ascension.
2) Love: God is the source of love. He first loved us. (I John 4:19) We cannot measure God’s height, depth, width, or length of His love. (Ephesians 3:18) God’s love is inexhaustible unlike human love that creates emotional burnout.
3) Life: God as creator is the source of our physical life and by new birth the spiritual life. (John 3:16) There is no life without Lord Jesus Christ.
4) Preaching: Christian preaching theme, beginning and end is Lord Jesus Christ. Paul asserts that gospel proclamation is the declaration that Christ was crucified. (I Corinthians 1:23)
5) Creation: Triune God created the whole world. All things were created by Him and for Him. (Colossians 1:16) There are no other creators who could compete with Him.
6) Revelation: Lord Jesus Christ is the express image of God and ultimate revelation of God. (Hebrews 1:2-3)
7) Faith: Lord Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. (Hebrews 12:22) Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. (Romans 10:17)
Do I understand Lord Jesus as Alpha and Omega?