Paul advises believers to put off or get rid of the former manner of life and put on New Life. (Ephesians 4:22-25)
1) Filthiness: Believers must put away spiritual and moral filthiness and put on the robe of righteousness and garment of salvation. (Isaiah 64:6; James 1:21)
2) Foolishness: Human beings have a tendency to be foolish. Foolishness is in the heart of a child, only a rod of discipline could remove it. (Proverbs 22:15) If children have foolishness, grownups have much more.
3) Failures: Past failures could affect the present, also paralyze with fear about the new ventures or attempts. Failures are not final, but could become stepping stones for success.
4) Fears: People who do not have a healthy fear of the Lord, will have all kinds of unhealthy fear and phobia. Fear of the Lord gives wisdom. The Covid 19 Pandemic has instilled fear in the minds of people, they are unable to come out of that fear. However, God by His mercy encourages us and affirms us stating: Fear Not. The phrase ‘Fear Not’ appears in 365 verses, meaning a promise for each day of the year.
5) Frustrations: Peter, James and John were with the Lord on the Mount of Transfiguration. It was a glorious experience. When they came down, Lord Jesus was frustrated because of the lack of faith of disciples who could not cast out a demon that possessed a boy who was dumb and deaf. Setting aside his frustration, he healed the boy. (Matthew 17:14-20)
6) Fake identity: Naturally, people like to have good reputation and respect in the community. Hence, they portray an outward appearance which does not reflect inner reality. Lord Jesus condemned the Pharisees who appeared religious, like whitewashed tombs. (Matthew 23:27-28) In social media, each person presents so as others press the ‘like’ button.
7) Frets: It is normal to be frustrated when wicked people flourish, righteous people’s expectations are shattered. Lord commanded us not to fret when evildoers prosper and not be envious of them. (Psalms 37:1)
Have I put off all these and put on the holiness of God?