“The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,” (John 17:22) Lord Jesus Christ has given His glory to disciples. Here are some manifestations of His glory. This cannot be monopolized by any individual or organization or denomination. It is the Lord’s gift to His disciples.
1) Indwelling Presence: Lord comes and indwells in the life of those who invite him in faith. (Revelation 3:20) Lord’s presence goes before us as it did before the Nation of Israel as Moses pleaded. (Exodus 33:15) Lord’s presence is there when two or three are gathered in His name. (Matthew 18:20)
2) Word: Lord Jesus Christ is the living and revealed Word. God has granted His living Word to us through the Holy Bible. Loving, Learning and Living the Word of God is the motto of a disciple.
3) Spirit: Only after the glorification of Lord Jesus the Holy Spirit is given. (John 7:39) Lord Jesus commanded disciples to wait in Jerusalem to receive the Holy Spirit. (Acts 1:8) On the Day of Pentecost the Holy Spirit was granted to the Church.
4) Power: God’s power was displayed in the life of Paul: “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” (II Corinthians 12:9) Like Paul, each believer could experience the power of God in their low moments.
5) Preservation: Lord preserves his disciples. Jude writes that He “is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy,” (Jude 1:24)
6) Leadership: Lord Jesus Christ always leads us in triumphal procession for His glory. (II Corinthians 2:14)
7) Persecution: If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.” (I Peter 4:14)
Do I experience the Spirit of Glory?