‘Hate crime’ has become too frequent in the world today. Hate crime could be described as one involving threat, harassment or violence, that is motivated by prejudice based on race, religion, language, class (income), caste or other reasons. Hatred is a powerful emotion, that could be manipulated by cunning leaders to mobilize people into violence and riots. Lord Jesus taught that persecution will be ‘normal’ for His disciples. (John 15: 18-27)
1) Hated without cause: David writes that his enemies are more than his hairs on his head. He was not bald, I think. (Psalms 69:4) David could not find any valid reason for their animosity and hatred; Lord Jesus quoted this psalm.
2) Hated Master: World hated Christ before hating Christians. If Master is hated, surely disciples also will be hated.
3) Hate is norm: Lord Jesus said that if the world persecuted him, his followers will certainly be persecuted. Facing hatred from the world is existential hazard of every Christian.
4) Hated for being righteous: Lord Jesus said that his disciples are not of world as He was not of the world. Lord has cleansed a disciple and made him/her righteous. Hence world hates us as Cain hated Abel for his righteous sacrifice.
5) Hated for His Name: They do not know the name of Lord Jesus Christ. It is not just words, name or combination of alphabet – exalted, revered, honoured, holy name above all names; all knee shall bow, and tongue confess. (Philippians 2:10)
Christians can enjoy love from the Lord, but have to expect hatred from the world. Like our Master, we should learn to respond in love and be willing to forgive, when they spew venom on us, illtreat us and persecute us. “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.” (Matthew 5:11,12)
Are you ready to face the hatred from the world?
WhatsApp: +91 9444027221