One preacher who was humble and placed no demands to preach for a week. The host pastor did not prepare the room in which guest was to stay. There were spiderwebs in the ceilings, floor was dirty, table was dusty, toilet was not clean and it was worse than his train journey. One of his friends was offended and confronted the pastor for lack of preparation. Pastor simply said: “He is a simple and humble man. He will not complain.” He justified his lack of hospitality, stewardship and preparation that his guests did not expect. However, there are a few who are great hosts and display great imagination in preparing place for their guests. Tired travelers really are grateful for such oasis of refreshment.
Lord Jesus Christ said to the troubled disciples: “I am going to prepare a place for you.” (John 14:2) Lord said that there will be many places: which literally means millions or billions of places to receive and accommodate people from all tribes, languages and nations.
1) Love: Expectant parents lovingly prepare for the arrival of their child. Hosts lovingly prepare for their guests. Lord Jesus Christ is the host in Heaven, who prepares lovingly for His children.
2) Plan: Lord Jesus custom-designs an eternal dwelling for His children. Indeed, Lord knows each individual’s desires, tastes and aspirations.
3) With Him: This is the eternal Home. Heaven is not just about street of gold or pearly gates or angels; but living with Saviour and Master.
4) Anticipating host: Lord Jesus eagerly anticipates all believers. One who preserves until the end will be saved and be there. (Matthew 24:13)
5) Secure place: The place Lord prepares is safe, secure, and sanitized. “But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s book of life.” (Revelation 21:27)
Am I grateful to Lord our host in Heaven?