A small vehicle driver had fever. He was scared and went to a hospital. The swab tests were taken, and the results were awaited. Meanwhile, he thought that he had Covid 19 and he may die. Before the test results came, he died. The test result was negative. Doctor said that he died of fear, stress, and anxiety as he was very young. Yes, many people die because of psychological, mental, and emotional causes rather than physical causes.
1) Reverential fear: God is our creator, sovereign ruler, father and redeemer. As we show respect to our parents as reverence, we express reverential fear in relationship with God. “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.” (Proverbs 9:10) This fear helps us to worship him and even keeps us away from sin.
2) Fear of man: Some are afraid of men or women who are wicked, abuse authority, ruthless and misuse power.
3) Fear of danger: First, protective fear of danger; Humans have nature fear when they face danger. When we see danger, we try to flee away. Second, paralyzing fear of danger; when we see a lion while in open ground, we are shocked. Third, Fear of danger – protective fear that helps a person to take precautions or quickly react in face of danger.
4) Fear of assumed danger: This is unhealthy danger due to laziness, foolish imagination, and lack of faith: “There is a lion outside! I shall be killed in the streets!” (Proverbs 22:13)
5) Fear of death: Most people are afraid to die. Without confidence about after death, most people are scared to death. Lord Jesus Christ has delivered his people from the fear of death. (Hebrews 2:15)
6) Spirit of fear: Some people are timid, shy, hide in shells. Timothy was like that, so Paul reminded him assurance available through the Spirit of God. (II Timothy 1:7)
Do I have reverential fear of God that delivers us from all other fears?